- What is the travel time to my city centre?
- How will this travel time change when a bridge is built?
- What is the capacity of the city's infrastructure?
The indicator map shows for each point the travel-time from every position to a defined point in the city. This indicator can be used as proxy for market potential when it is accompanied by the total number of persons that can be reached from the defined point within a given amount of time. Typically, the indicator is calculated from i) the road network, railway network, waterway network and their capacity, ii) topography (terrain roughness), iii) land cover and iv) barriers, such as rivers. Travel speed can be adjusted using specific expert knowledge rules (e.g. waiting time at borders, or roadblocks).
When would I choose this tool?
- To visually locate obstacles in the transport network.
- Test the effects of potential infrastructural solutions.
What are the main advantages?
- Based on open (free) data.
- Speed optimized calculations can be used in workshop settings.
How do I apply?
Please contact Michiel van Eupen